Sunday, June 6, 2010

A life-changing moment?

First of all, this will only be indirectly about game design. I watched a speech for the second time and this time it actually made me better at doing what I do. Not in the way that I understand something better but that I constantly have a demon in my head saying "is this really what you should be doing?". As soon as I open up a firefox window, answer private messages or make playlists in spotify it comes back and that's a good thing.

While I don't have the minor gift of talent, I do have the love for what I do and I'm constantly thinking about how to make my work better. With the added bonus of actually putting in the hours of work, I can't help but think that eventually I'll be an awesome mapper. It might not show yet but wait a couple of months and keep your eyes on this page. I'm going to be one of the people who ship.

The speech: Seth Godin: Quieting the Lizard Brain, try it out for yourselves.

For the last week I've gotten so much done and it feels great. If this lasts until my 30th birthday I'll get a hold of this guy. Not so much because of what he's done for me but because of what he made me do to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment