Thursday, June 3, 2010

Current mapping project: pl_shaft

Here it is, my current mapping project. It's a single stage payload map (like badwater basin). I've made some good progress the last couple of weeks after my trip to LA and I might be able to get a functional alpha out for game testing this weekend. It's currently fully functional even though I have some issues with the spawn doors.

It looks like crap though and doesn't have any displacements. It's not supposed to, it's an alpha test, I expect to change everything quite a bit. The only part of the map that's actually been tested is step one, it's also the only part that has any kind of details and houses that have roofs. Detailing is meditative, it's where I go when I'm too tired to think of how to continue.

Pictures after the jump.


Capture point #1, facing forward

Capture point #1, facing back

Capture point #2

Capture point #3, facing back

Capture point #4, facing back

Capture point #4, facing forward

No comments:

Post a Comment