Saturday, July 24, 2010

So many contests, so little time

Summer is here and both Valve and Blizzard has released a fan contest and I want to win them both. The only slight flaw here is that I'm quite busy with work and probably won't have time to do great in both of them (and the odds of winning are astronomical).

I have the feeling that it's easier to reach your maximum potential faster in the novel contest, mapping takes a really long time. Mapping also happens to be a thing I really enjoy so I suppose I'll focus on that on my days off and then try to write the novel on the days that I'm working and only have a couple of hours to spare.

The good part about the novel is that I've already planned a single-player campaign for Starcraft 2 and thus had the story and characters mostly done. The hard work with writing only starts after you have all of the story down though and you have to revise your own words (or have other people do it). Reading something you wrote yourself for the n+50th time is likely to make you go insane.

I've made some progress on the art pass map as well, screenshots included after the jump. If you want to you can check out my tf2maps.net thread and post any comments there.

For anyone interested I've also enabled comments as well as subscription since my updates are currently quite unpredictable. If someone knows of a widget that allows you to put permanent links on the side, that would be excellent for my mapping projects.









Sunday update with WIP picture of capture B:


No comments:

Post a Comment